Orbital Insight is looking to hire a Chief Architect to continue to improve our geospatial analytics platform and make it into a world-class enterprise software product. The right candidate for this position will have demonstrated experience designing cloud-based systems, shipping enterprise software, and working laterally across teams to lead and mentor in best practices. OI’s Chief Architect will report directly to the VP, Engineering and may eventually be responsible for a small number of direct reports.
- Develop and maintain a system for an on-going, metrics-based, “independent” evaluation of our software’s maturity with respect to the classical software architecture attributes – scalability, reliability, availability, portability, security, performance, etc.
- Lead the creation and execution of cross-functional improvement plans for areas of the GO platform, based on the above evaluation criteria
- Develop, maintain, and promote architecture artifacts at the service level and above: service and data flow diagrams, network diagrams, deployment diagrams, API documentation, etc.
- Provide on-going cross-team technical leadership, consulting, mentoring, and advocacy for best practices in software architecture, such as zero-touch CI/CD, continuous performance monitoring, security, API design and usability, and distributed processing
- In close collaboration with the individual service teams, build and/or buy systems and tools to improve automation, reliability, monitoring, artifact generation, etc.
- Work with technical leads and product managers in developing product strategies and roadmaps
- 15+ years developing enterprise-class, service-based software
- 5+ years leading software teams
- 5+ years in an explicit architect role with similar responsibilities
- Hands-on experience in some of the following areas: DevOps, SecOps, distributed system design, benchmarking and performance evaluation, AI/ML/CV or data science, geospatial data processing
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-team environments and laterally across organizations
- Experience with highly secure and/or regulated environments, e.g. DoD/IC or banking, will be a plus
- This position will be based at OI’s main offices in Palo Alto
- Some travel required, for collaboration at other OI offices and for meetings with customers and partners
- The intent of this position is not to merely provide an additional resource for our existing microservice teams. While the job will require contributing to the core software of our platform, the architect’s primary responsibilities will generally be aimed at cross-cutting concerns and tooling in support of architectural needs.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
– Stock Options
– Competitive Salaries
– Discretionary Time Off
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– Life & disability coverage
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Apple equipment
– 3x/week catered lunches
– Monthly happy hour in office
– Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now