Data Operations Production Associate – Algos
Our mission is to understand what we’re doing on, and to, the Earth. This includes all of the economic and social trends that impact us. In order to see these details and work at scale, we leverage advanced computer vision and machine learning techniques. Critical to the success of this process are the foundational data layers that drive the development of computer vision and data science algorithms and inform how we interpret the results.
The Content Operations team at Orbital Insight is charged with creating and maintaining the foundational data layers for our products. Whether it’s finding, scraping and cleaning open source data, evaluating and parsing proprietary data, running annotation campaigns, or building and executing on quality-monitoring processes, you will need to scope the effort, organize it, manage it, and do all of it in close collaboration with other analysts, product managers, data scientists, and computer vision engineers. It’s a big job and it requires an intrepid professional with a keen eye for detail and who is an indefatigable defender of quality.
The Content Operations team is looking for an individual to join our growing Algos team. Members of this team work extensively with third-party annotation vendors to create and curate the training and testing data that drive the creation of novel algorithms.
This position is based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Own internal data quality for computer vision testing and training data sets, following established quality control practices and standards
- Work with data vendors and third-party annotation service providers to accomplish data collection, production, and maintenance tasks
- Run and manage data production pipelines to deliver quality data on schedule Inform the creation of tools that help monitor and maintain data quality
- Research and explore industries and applications to inform the design of data collection and annotation efforts
- Work in a team of Data Scientists, Computer Vision Engineers, Software Engineers and Product Managers to support their data requirements
- Work with geographically distributed teams in different timezones
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in science or arts discipline or research-heavy field
- Have a strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, a strong attention to detail and robust analytical skills
- Experienced in working with structured and unstructured information including diverse data formats such as raster, vector, tabular, etc.
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively to meet project deadlines
- Experience working with teams and stakeholders located across the globe
- Experience working with geospatial data, especially imagery (satellite, aerial, UAV, and others), familiar with identifying objects of interest in remote sensing data
Nice to Have:
- Familiar with git, SQL, AWS (S3 and EC2), Docker, Unix/Linux, and/or Python
- Prior experience with geospatial tools such as Google Earth Pro and QGIS is a definite plus
- 2+ years of industry experience in a data-rich environment
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
– Stock Options
– Competitive Salaries
– Paid time off
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– Life & disability coverage
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Apple equipment
– Twice a week catered lunches
– Monthly happy hour in office
– Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
– Easy commute via Caltrain, with company sponsored Go Pass
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now