Data Science Intern, Palo Alto – Summer 2019
Orbital Insight is a company on a mission: to help people understand what is happening on and to Earth, in order to accelerate economic, environmental, and humanitarian progress. We are a fast-growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public-sector clients around the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision, data science, and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
Data Science at Orbital Insight is what enables our customers to understand the data, and the value therein, that we generate every day. Data-driven decisions and experimentation are central to OI’s product development. As a data science intern you’ll be in the middle of it all for 12 fun and exciting weeks.
This position will be based in our Palo Alto, CA office.
In this Data Science internship, you will:
- Research and model real world systems and behavior based on actual observations
- Take ownership of end-to-end analysis from data gathering, processing, analyzing, deliverables, and presentations
- Iterate rapidly on everything; all of the above happens in a relatively fast paced business driven environment, you must be comfortable with that.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s, or Ph.D program and graduating in 2020
- Solid technical background in Statistics, Machine Learning, Economics, Econometrics or fields with heavy focus on these disciplines
- Coding fluency with Python or R
- Superb communication skills. You’ll need to be able to explain yourself and your methods both within the company and with customers
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.Apply Now