Director, Content Strategy & Operations
Our mission is to understand what we’re doing on, and to, the Earth. This includes all of the economic and social trends that impact us. In order to see these details and work at scale, we leverage advanced computer vision and machine learning techniques. Critical to the success of this process are the foundational data layers that drive the development of algorithms and inform how we interpret those results. Being able to detect a car or the measure fill percent of an oil tank in an image is half the battle – but being able to associate the car to revenue at a particular retailer and knowing who owns the oil tank are necessary to provide the insights that our customers are looking for.
This position is based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Strategize and execute on Orbital Insight’s long term data architecture, entity mapping and data operations
- Manage content production teams across the globe including full time US based resources and outsourced resources in India and other foreign markets
- Responsible for developing 5-10 year geospatial vision and roadmap (both functional and technical), aligning to business objectives
- Develop and continuously refine data management vision and roadmap
- Work closely with data experts (architects, database and data model designers) to support the development of Orbital Insight’s global entity and sensor content strategy
- Responsible for developing the necessary processes, quality acceptance criteria, tools and talent to continually deliver high-quality input data for OI’s products
- Build a high performing team, foster open communication, transparency, highest level of integrity, trust & collaboration within & across the departments
- Ensure that programs, initiatives & projects are delivered on-time and within budget
Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years experience building, developing, and managing functional and cross functional teams
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interface with technical and business leaders across the company
- Experience working with large number of high volume disparate sources and sensors including, but not limited to traditional 3rd party data sets, satellite platforms, other mobile base platforms
- Ideal industry experience spans supporting legacy geospatial customer segments, such as US government, energy, and agriculture as well as newer markets such as financial services and select Fortune 500 segments
- Experience working with non-traditional data sets (preferably satellite data)
- Knowledge of Python and SQL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with an MBA
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
– Stock Options
– Competitive Salaries
– Paid time off
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– Life & disability coverage
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Apple equipment
– Twice a week catered lunches
– Monthly happy hour in office
– Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
– Easy commute via Caltrain, with company sponsored Go Pass
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now