Director of Marketing
We are looking for an accomplished, hands-on Director of Marketing who will hold ultimate responsibility for the organization’s marketing activities and oversee the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the business.
In addition to executing on sales and marketing programs to meet revenue targets and client retention goals, you will also play a key role in evangelizing Orbital Insight services as a thought leader by providing insightful or forward-leaning points of view to not only attract our client audience but also build interactions and conversations with a tone that starts a dialogue with clients and industry stakeholders across our target sectors.
Top candidates will be well-versed and experienced in marketing service-oriented and enterprise software solutions, not just off the shelf products. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to define, prioritize, and execute the right set of product marketing objectives to help grow demand for our industry leading geospatial services.
This position will be based in New York, and will report to our Chief Revenue Officer.
- Partner with the Global Sales team to devise campaign strategy and themes, create compelling content, and guide marketing programs to drive demand for Orbital Insight services.
- Work closely with our product managers and customers to define product market priorities, roadmaps, and roll-out strategies.
- Identify and prioritize buyers and their pain points to create targeted presentations and demos to assist sales and provide valuable market feedback to Engineering and Product teams.
- Develop competitive and market intelligence to overcome critical objections as well unfamiliarity with satellite based services, and support every stage of the selling process to corporations, governments, NGOs and Charities.
- Develop messaging and positioning for Orbital Insight services, by industry, sector, workflow/pain point and role as applicable, to differentiate Orbital Insight as the leading geospatial data and analytics company in the world.
- Demonstrate clear and compelling points of view including unique approaches to solving problems with strategic insights and actionable advice for Orbital Insight clients and prospects across both public and private sector clients.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent Communication and Persuasion Skills – Ability to convincingly sell ideas and plans to internal and external constituencies including executives, prospects, clients, sales team and analysts.
- Polished Executive-Level Presentation Skills – Ability to simplify and present complex information and concepts with confidence to establish rapport, credibility, and trust with an executive-level audience, including internal stakeholders as well as external clients.
- Self-Sufficiency – Ability to identify solutions and forge a strategic marketing direction despite high degrees of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Multi-Tasking and Agility – Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully execute projects under a heavy workload and fast-changing conditions is critical.
- Successful track record of marketing to enterprise customers.
- Candidates with expertise in B2B marketing in Finance, Software, or Geospatial technologies preferred.
Orbital Insight is a fast growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public sector clients across the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Google Ventures, Sequoia Capital, In-Q- Tel and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now