Director of Software Engineering
As a critical part of its mission to help decision makers understand what we are doing on and to the Earth, Orbital Insight is building a platform for large scale analysis of geospatial data including satellite and drone imagery and global IOT data. The platform allows customers to ask and answer questions about the physical world — much as a search engine answers questions about the virtual world.
We are looking for a few key Director level Engineering leads to drive the construction and refinement of this core platform guided by our company vision and customer input.
Who you are
- You are a strong technical leader with the ability to motivate and drive talented, creative technical teams.
- You relish the opportunity to dive into technical discussions to deeply understand and influence the decision making process.
- You help to create and drive scalable system architecture and the overall technical roadmap
- .You are equally comfortable collaborating with product and business teams to plan and execute deliverables.
- Your diligence in holding yourself and your teams to architectural and product milestones has led to an impeccable track record of consistent product delivery.
- You are passionate about people and innovation.
- You excel at giving and receiving feedback and performance reviews, as well as, managing hiring processes.
- You have a passion for helping others succeed.
Skills and Responsibilities
- 8+ years of experience working with production level software
- 5+ years of experience as a technical lead/product architect of SaaS products (B2B preferred)
- 3+ years of experience managing overall teams sizes of 10 or more
- Experience managing large and complex projects with significant impact on the company
- Demonstrable experience with multiple architecture paradigms, one of which should be Microservices
- Demonstrable experience designing and building APIs in a scalable serverless architecture
- Strong familiarity with most of Python, PostgreSQL, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, and Helm
- Ability to ensure overall code quality and drive software engineering and quality best practices
- Strong background in agile methodologies and ability to mentor others in their use
- Experience running or participating in a DevOps support team is a major plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a quantitative field (physics, mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering, or similar)
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
– Stock Options
– Competitive Salaries
– Discretionary Time Off
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– Life & disability coverage
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Apple equipment
– Thrice a week catered lunches
– Regular events in the office
– Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now