Director, Public Sector Sales – Intelligence Community
This position will be responsible for the identification of opportunities within the defense agencies of the US government, primarily NGA, NRO, and DIA. This position will communicate and coordinate the business opportunities with key stakeholders across the Orbital Insight organization, and will coordinate and execute total solutions to the customer in order to achieve new business. This position will define sales capture strategies for the Intelligence Community with a focus on NGA, DIA, and NRO in order to achieve successful program award and product sales. Emphasis of the position will be on account management, business development, sales strategies, and capture management
This position reports into the Head of Federal Sales and Business Development.
- Will be able to manage identification, pursuit, teaming, and capture of new program or product sales through extensive interfacing with government agencies in order to achieve set quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Works with internal technology leaders and key internal stakeholders on BD and sales opportunities setting sales strategy, tactics, proposals, negotiations, and new product solutions, as well as coordinating qualified new business capture and sales across multiple government agencies.
- Lead sales capture efforts for advanced programs and new technical solutions for the customer that align to the business growth strategies of the Public Sector.
- Lead penetration strategies to gain additional sales with all major government agencies by facilitating contacts to achieve sales objectives.
- Create and sustain classified communications pursuits for Orbital Insight, working with other Product and Program Managers, existing BD, proposal writers, and client success staff.
- Responsible for providing quarterly forecasts to management, and monthly forecasts within the current quarter.
- Understands the varied associations between USG agencies, various government programs and Industry partners.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, technology, public relations, communications and/or a related field
- Master’s degree in business administration or finance, is a plus
- 7+ years of experience working in the US Defense sector
- 10+ years of full-cycle direct sales experience with a concentration in technical and/or government sales
- An active TS USG Security Clearance within the last 24 months. A DoD Top Secret Level Security Clearance is required
- Displays exceptional negotiation, persuasion skills and organizational skills
- Shows excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Orbital Insight is a company on a Mission: to help people understand what is happening on and to Earth, in order to accelerate economic, environmental, and humanitarian progress. We are a fast-growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public-sector clients around the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
We are recognized world-wide for our innovations. Forbes named us a Next Billion Dollar Startup, and Fortune Magazine named us one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World, two years in a row, in two different categories. In order to see tiny details and yet work at Earth scale, we use computer vision and machine learning. Using convolutional neural networks, we have counted over 3 billion cars across global roads and parking lots, analyzing commercial patterns as well as city growth and development. Our global energy product uses computer vision to map floating roof oil tanks and measure the global volumes of crude oil. With this product, we were able to show that China has 200 million barrels of oil storage capacity that was unknown even to the trading community. Other projects include tracking rates of deforestation, measuring poverty levels around the globe, monitoring construction rates of new roads and buildings, and predicting crop yields. And this is just a part of our mission to understand what’s happening on and to the Earth.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Google Ventures, Sequoia Capital, In-Q-Tel and Bloomberg Beta. Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public-sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production.Apply Now