Facility Security Officer
In order to enable our team to execute on our US Government (USG) work efficiently and responsibly, we are looking for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) who can navigate the complexities of USG security clearance processes and policies.
The FSO will manage personnel clearances in a compliant, yet creative way to ensure team members can bring their talents to bear on projects where they are most needed. They will also flex to assist our Director of Public Sector Programs manage program delivery.
This position will be based in Washington DC.
- Day-to-day management of personnel and facility clearance operations
- Arbitrating policy and processes around personnel, clearances, and our facilities
- Managing clearance application and reinvestigation pipelines to grow and maintain cleared workforce at pace with our USG business
- Mandatory USG reporting as it relates to our personnel, facility, and insider threat programs
- Assisting Director of Director of Public Sector Programs manage program delivery
Skills & Qualifications
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- At least 2 years as an FSO or AFSO in the private sector
- Understanding of both IC and DOD requirements and systems
- Compliant, yet creative (i.e., demonstrated capability to think outside the box, but within the law to help optimize Orbital Insight cleared staff)
- Demonstrated ability to overcoming bureaucratic hurdles with tenacity and tact
- Experience with accreditation of software, system, and networks with DSS & DISA
- Experience with agile project management methodology
- Willingness to flex and help out in other areas
Orbital Insight is a company on a Mission: to help people understand what is happening on and to Earth, in order to accelerate economic, environmental, and humanitarian progress. We are a fast-growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public-sector clients around the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
We are recognized world-wide for our innovations. Forbes named us a Next Billion Dollar Startup, and Fortune Magazine named us one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World, two years in a row, in two different categories. In order to see tiny details and yet work at Earth scale, we use computer vision and machine learning. Using convolutional neural networks, we have counted over 3 billion cars across global roads and parking lots, analyzing commercial patterns as well as city growth and development. Our global energy product uses computer vision to map floating roof oil tanks and measure the global volumes of crude oil. With this product, we were able to show that China has 200 million barrels of oil storage capacity that was unknown even to the trading community. Other projects include tracking rates of deforestation, measuring poverty levels around the globe, monitoring construction rates of new roads and buildings, and predicting crop yields. And this is just a part of our mission to understand what’s happening on and to the Earth.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Google Ventures, Sequoia Capital, In-Q-Tel and Bloomberg Beta. Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public-sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production.Apply Now