Head of Public Sector
In order to take our government business to the next level we are looking to hire a Head of Public Sector. The Head of Public Sector will be responsible for maintaining and growing Orbital Insight’s public sector sales, managing key relationships and overseeing projects. This role will create and execute our strategy for civilian, defense and national security agencies.
This position will be based in Washington DC
- Responsible for Public Sector Revenue, Support and Product deliverable targets.
- Lead entire Public Sector Team domestically and, in time, internationally: Operations, Revenue and Solutions Engineering. Co-develop our roadmap for commercial and public sector products & platforms with our Chief Development Officer and the Leadership team.
- Lead all operational functions for the Public Sector; Clearances; Partnerships (SI relationships).
- Lead discussion around strategy and cost for adapting commercial products to the government vertical and creating new products.
- Own the resulting strategy and it’s high level execution.
- Lead corporate discussion of pricing strategy, GSA Schedule development and maintenance, and partnership programs in civilian and defense sectors.
- Represent the Public Sector as a part of the Orbital Insight Leadership Team.
- Own relationships for key accounts. Ensure success of key pilot projects.
- Assist the team in managing C-Suite relationships with key customers.
- Build up sales, sales engineering, customer success, program management and engineering teams as the company scales.
- Recruit, manage, motivate and retain an experienced world-class Federal team.
- Coach a growing team of managers to create high performers.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience at CEO level or Head of Public Sector in a commercial software company.
- Significant Executive level sales and/or business development leadership experience selling to civilian, defense and national security customers.
- Demonstrated ability to deeply understand complex technology and relate it to economic, humanitarian and national security problems.
- Demonstrated ability to drive business across government agencies by creating long-term trusted relationships.
- Proven ability to create strategic relationships at high levels in government agencies.
- Professional experience within one or more target agencies preferred.
- Security clearances preferred (e.g. TS, TS/SCI).
Orbital Insight is a company on a Mission: to help people understand what is happening on and to Earth, in order to accelerate economic, environmental, and humanitarian progress. We are a fast-growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public-sector clients around the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
We are recognized world-wide for our innovations. Forbes named us a Next Billion Dollar Startup, and Fortune Magazine named us one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World, two years in a row, in two different categories. In order to see tiny details and yet work at Earth scale, we use computer vision and machine learning. Using convolutional neural networks, we have counted over 3 billion cars across global roads and parking lots, analyzing commercial patterns as well as city growth and development. Our global energy product uses computer vision to map floating roof oil tanks and measure the global volumes of crude oil. With this product, we were able to show that China has 200 million barrels of oil storage capacity that was unknown even to the trading community. Other projects include tracking rates of deforestation, measuring poverty levels around the globe, monitoring construction rates of new roads and buildings, and predicting crop yields. And this is just a part of our mission to understand what’s happening on and to the Earth.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Google Ventures, Sequoia Capital, In-Q-Tel and Bloomberg Beta. Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public-sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production.Apply Now