HR Analyst (Contractor)
Orbital Insight is currently seeking an HR Analyst. The ideal candidate for the Part-Time HR analyst position (6 months contract, 20 hours/week) has an incredible attention to detail and loves creating seamless and efficient systems for everything, from open enrollment to HRIS maintenance to processing HR data. You enjoy diving into details and making things better (which happens to be one of our core values)!
The world is a very big place. With a single photograph of Earth, like the famous “Blue Marble” from Apollo 17, the entire world can fit on a computer screen. However, with this image you would not be able to see much detail. To see the Earth and all of its rich features, you would need a lot more images. In fact it would take over 500 million images just to observe the land area of Earth at 1 meter pixel resolution.
In order to see detail and work at scale, we use computer vision and machine learning. Using convolutional neural networks, we have counted over 3 billion cars across global roads and parking lots, analyzing commercial patterns as well as city growth and development. Our global energy product uses computer vision to map floating roof oil tanks and measure the global volumes of crude oil. With this product, we were able to show that China has 200 million barrels of oil storage capacity that was unknown even to the trading community. Other projects include tracking rates of deforestation, measuring poverty levels around the globe, monitoring construction rates of new roads and buildings, and predicting crop yields. This is still the beginning of our mission to understand the Earth.
This position will be based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Process employee data, status changes, and run ad hoc reports as requested in the company’s HR system
- Support the HR team through the change management process (System implementation, policy development, and data management).
- Audit employee files and maintain accurate record keeping
- Enhance the HR operation processes for better efficiency
- Prepare and analyze data relevant to HR assignments
- Maintain current knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures with HR field.
- Additional tasks and project assigned by the HR team
Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration preferred
- 5+ years of experience as an HR specialist, with payroll/benefit/Compensation experiences preferred
- Superb organization skills, and proactive nature
- Proficient in data analysis and managing large volumes of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Project management skills with comprehensive tact and discretion
- Excellent ability to communicate, both in writing and verbally
- Success in managing multiple deadlines and competing priorities in a fast pace and constantly changing environment
- Proficiency with Google Apps and can pick up new software/internal tools quickly
- Experience with Paylocity preferred
Orbital Insight is a fast-growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public sector clients across the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
Backed by marquee investors such as GV (Google Ventures), Sequoia Capital, In-Q-Tel and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.Apply Now