Orbital Insight is seeking an organized, efficient IT Specialist to join our growing team. In this position, you will contribute to the overall planning, organization, and execution of all information technology within the organization.
The world is a very big place. With a single photograph of Earth, like the famous “Blue Marble” from Apollo 17, the entire world can fit on a computer screen. However, with this image you would not be able to see much detail. To see the Earth and all of its rich features, you would need a lot more images. In fact it would take over 500 million images just to observe the land area of Earth at 1 meter pixel resolution.
In order to see detail and work at scale, we use computer vision and machine learning. Using convolutional neural networks, we have counted over 3 billion cars across global roads and parking lots, analyzing commercial patterns as well as city growth and development. Our global energy product uses computer vision to map floating roof oil tanks and measure the global volumes of crude oil. With this product, we were able to show that China has 200 million barrels of oil storage capacity that was unknown even to the trading community. Other projects include tracking rates of deforestation, measuring poverty levels around the globe, monitoring construction rates of new roads and buildings, and predicting crop yields. This is still the beginning of our mission to understand the Earth.
This position is based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by identifying problems and anticipating organizational requirements
- Responsible for setting up new hire equipment and software as well as training them on job-specific technologies
- Technical maintenance of Zoom conference rooms and equipment
- Technical desktop support of Macintosh and Windows
- Support of office network, WiFi and connected devices
- Support of multiple offices in different locations
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related majors) preferred or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience within Information Technology
- A/V experience including working with Zoom conferencing or equivalent technology
- Strong experience supporting Macintosh desktop
- Expertise in Meraki network and WIFI deployment
- Experience working with C-Level Execs, strongly preferred
- Experience with G Suite, Okta, Radius and other IT tools
- Strong advocate for GDPR and data privacy
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now