PR, Media and Communications Lead
Orbital Insight is looking for a PR and Communications expert who can work cross-functionally to elevate our brand and product awareness through value-based messaging, media relations and pitching. As a key role within the Marketing team, the PR and Communications Lead is responsible for the strategy and execution of public relations initiatives, communications, and messaging that will accelerate our business growth.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to distill and articulate Orbital Insight’s story and value across multiple upmarket B2B vertical customers, media outlets, and policy decision makers. You will lead a strategy to take Orbital Insight’s brand and products top-of-mind across our customer segments by showcasing our corporate news, commercial use cases, and unique data insights to the media and marketplace.
This position will be based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Manage business associates memberships, industry partnership media opportunities, and event journalist presence
- Align with Orbital Insight’s sales, product and executive teams to inform PR strategy and communications efforts
- Manage 3rd party agency vendors
- Secure speaking opportunities for marketing communications for hosted and attended events
- Plan, develop and implement the strategic PR and Communications calendar to meet business goals. This will include earned media, social media, web, press releases, media alerts, e-news, email, video, blog, internal communication, collateral, events and sponsorships
- Maintain positive working relationships and grow media lists in the publications that our customers read and respect
- Proactively interact with media representatives to obtain placement of company and industry news stories, thought leadership bylines or quotes, customer stories, and manages reactive communication needs
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, or business preferred but not required
- 5 years of industry experience in public relations or communications for B2B technology companies
- Extraordinary management and communication skills; both orally and written
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, media and public groups
- Highly collaborative and willing to learn the details of our products
- Passion for technology and its ability to create a positive societal impact
Orbital Insight is a fast-growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public sector clients across the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
– Stock Options
– Competitive Salaries
– Paid time off
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– Life & disability coverage
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Apple equipment
– Twice a week catered lunches
– Monthly happy hour in office
– Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
– Easy commute via Caltrain, with company sponsored Go Pass
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now