Project Manager + Scrum Master
Orbital Insight is looking for an experienced Project Manager + Scrum Master that can drive rapid and relentless improvement in the processes we use to build our cutting-edge products. You will be responsible for managing multiple programs and working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure they are successfully delivered. You will provide both individual and team coaching, as well as helping teams inspect, adapt and deliver.
This position is based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Facilitate all project management activities including but not limited to planning, communication, stakeholder management, scope management, scheduling, status reporting, risk management, resource management, procurement, compliance, etc.
- Facilitate pivotal discussions with groups of a variety of sizes.
- Monitor and help manage task queues and task dependencies to identify conflicts that affect development speed and/or impact contractual milestones.
- Create and manage dashboards/reports to monitor project progress & report issues.
- Define – and continuously refine – how teams and the organization can measure effectiveness and productivity.
- Enable self-organization, collaboration, iterative development. Run Agile rituals, manage flow, limit WIP, DoD, roles & responsibility, etc. Be the conscience of the process.
- Facilitate knowledge development and re-use across the company. Work with others from across the company to define, present, and/or promote enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Embrace a culture that uses experiments to learn incrementally and continuously.
- Keep up to date on industry experiments and outcomes.
- Guide executives and managers about how to structure the company and practices to reinforce experimentation, decentralization, and data-oriented decision-making.
- Influence executives, business units, and technology teams on Agile principles, values, how to build, grow, and maintain a thriving Agile organization at scale.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, etc.
- Experience with the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence) preferred
- Understanding, passion & practice of Complex Adaptive Systems and non-linear change, Lean Startup and Design Thinking
- Former experience as Product Owner, Developer and/or Agile Coach is preferred
Who you are…
- A star project manager & scrum master 6+ years of solid experience in successfully managing strategic projects with >1M budget. Detail-oriented, results-driven person with a positive ‘get-the-job-done’ mindset.
- Expert. Proficient in applying multiple project management methodologies (Ex. Waterfall, Agile scrum, Agile Kanban, SAFE, etc.)
- Excellent Communicator. Strong influencing and communications skills at all levels of the organization.
- Experienced. Hands-on experience applying different project management methodologies within new product development environments.
- Facilitator. Consulting and facilitation skills in leading technical teams in the adoption and improvement of Agile methodologies. Good skills in servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict resolution & continuous improvement.
- Entrepreneurial. Knowing how to build and grow a business from scratch is ideal.
Orbital Insight is a company on a mission: to help people understand what is happening on and to Earth, in order to accelerate economic, environmental, and humanitarian progress. We are a fast-growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public-sector clients around the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
We are recognized world-wide for our innovations. Forbes named us a Next Billion Dollar Startup, and Fortune Magazine named us one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World, two years in a row, in two different categories. In order to see tiny details and yet work at Earth scale, we use computer vision and machine learning. Using convolutional neural networks, we have counted over 3 billion cars across global roads and parking lots, analyzing commercial patterns as well as city growth and development. Our global energy product uses computer vision to map floating roof oil tanks and measure the global volumes of crude oil. With this product, we were able to show that China has 200 million barrels of oil storage capacity that was unknown even to the trading community. Other projects include tracking rates of deforestation, measuring poverty levels around the globe, monitoring construction rates of new roads and buildings, and predicting crop yields. And this is just a part of our mission to understand what’s happening on and to the Earth.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta. Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
A few of our perks…
● Stock Options
● Competitive salary
● Paid Time Off
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance
● Life & disability coverage
● 401(k) program
● Flexible Spending Accounts
● Apple equipment
● Twice a week catered lunches
● Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, coffee, tea, etc
● Easy commute via nearby Caltrain station, and free commuter Go Pass
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now