As a critical part of its mission to help decision makers understand what we are doing on and to the Earth, Orbital Insight is building a platform for large scale analysis of geospatial data including satellite and drone imagery and global IOT data. The platform allows customers to ask and answer questions about the physical world — much as a search engine answers questions about the virtual world. We are looking for a React Developer to build additional capabilities and features into our core platform, GO.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about web development not just best practices or performance but micro-apps and tinkering on your own.
- You read and are current with industry standards and what’s coming up next.
- You like engaging interfaces that include maps – this could be anything from RTS games to exploring data within Mapbox.
- You enjoy working with people and having some really interesting tangential conversations.
- Positive attitude – people would say that you bring more than you take from a group.
- Attention to visual and UX detail.
- 5+ years of web development (any frontend stack)
- 1+ year of React development (personal or professional)
- Deep understanding of the React lifecycle
- Up to speed with latest ECMAScript
- Developed complete components within a large ecosystem of features
- Excellent estimating scope of work based on detailed requirements
- Experience building with external APIs (network latency, json structure, dynamic states, etc)
- Excellent CSS/Flex/Sass knowledgeAbility to translate mockups into working code
- Experience working in startups or with diverse set of teams at a fast pace
- Familiarity with new technologies in the React community
- Contributed to open source packages/projects
- Written tests for components
- Experience using CI/CD tools
- Self learner
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
– Stock Options
– Competitive Salaries
– Discretionary Time Off
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– Life & disability coverage
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Apple equipment
– Thrice a week catered lunches
– Regular events in the office
– Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now