Senior Software Engineer – DevOps
Orbital Insight is looking for a Senior Software Engineer – DevOps to join our small and highly visible team in Mountain View, CA. In your role, you will be the bridge between the various software development teams.
The role includes facilitating the continuous code deployment, automated resource provisioning and scaling, security control, monitoring & troubleshooting. This is a very hands-on position, highly visible for someone who wants to build and maintain innovative and scalable solutions using the latest open source technologies.
- Build and maintain Orbital Insight operating environment
- Ensure backend services are running with adequate provisioning
- Ensure Web and API services are running within a predefined SLA
- Build and maintain monitoring systems to track and alert on all anomalies
- Ensure adequate security of the environment and all resources
- Build and maintain automated continuous integration with automated testing
- Collaborate with engineering to troubleshoot and deploy new services
Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in DevOps
- Experience managing and troubleshooting infrastructure in the AWS cloud
- Experience in Linux/Unix Administration and Dockers (Linux/Mac)
- Experience in coding and scripting (Python, Go, bash)
- Experience in Jenkins continuous integration, Build, Release and Deployment
- Experience with automation/configuration management including Puppet
- Experience with AWS services IAM, EC2, S3, RDS, SQS & CF
- Experience with GitHub, Nagios, Graphite, NewRelic, Splunk & Logstash
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Orbital Insight is a fast growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public sector clients across the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
We just completed our Series C-Round and are backed by marquee investors such as Google Ventures, Sequoia Capital, In-Q- Tel and Bloomberg Beta. Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now