Solutions Engineering Intern, Commercial Products – Summer 2020
Are you interested in helping build a high-growth tech startup? Orbital Insight is currently seeking an intern to join our Solutions Engineering team in New York. In this role, you will be embedded within a team whose focus it is to support our clients with the aim of enhancing the product development cycle.
Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world using computer vision, artificial intelligence, and cloud computing. We leverage the rapidly growing availability of satellite, UAV, and other geospatial data sources to understand socio-economic trends at global, regional, and hyper-local scales. Our customers range from hedge funds to Fortune 500 companies to humanitarian organizations, each benefitting from insights we provide at a depth and scale previously unimaginable.
Solutions engineering is a fast-paced job that requires our team to rapidly respond to client requests in order to build, evaluate, and ultimately sell new data sets that solve client problems. Orbital Insight supports a broad range of clients, from financial services to insurance to real estate, which means that a prospective intern candidate should have the ability to quickly get up to speed on a client’s vertical and be comfortable contact switching across multiple verticals.
This is a paid position based in New York or Palo Alto.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of sales materials to deliver in support of the client engagement and education process.
- Leverage deep understanding of our data and how it is consumed in order to educate our clients on how they can best deploy our data to fit their needs.
- Engage clients to discuss our data solutions, distill their needs, and drive the feedback discovery process to contribute to product development.
- Mine our data for value by creating and publishing “insights” and other research-like analyses.
- Provide quantitative sales support as needed.
- Sophomore or junior with focuses ranging from computer science, statistics, to econometrics or international studies.
- Strong verbal skills and a willingness to ask questions. Most of us picked up technical skills while on the job, which was the result of a willingness to learn and push beyond comfort zones.
- Coding experience is a major plus (especially Python, SQL, R), but we are also looking for people that can play the role of a jack of all trades and pick up the coding piece along the way.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.Apply Now