Sr. Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer
Orbital Insight informs companies, governments, and humanitarian organizations about natural and man-made events on our planet. We do this by monitoring, tracking, and measuring elements across the globe, and understanding how they relate to one another.
By applying artificial intelligence to satellite and other geospatial data sources, we seek to discover and quantify societal and economic trends on Earth that are often indistinguishable to the human eye.
As a part of the Algorithms team, you’ll work within a cross-functional team that is responsible for owning the algorithm development process from human annotation to integration with our platform. Your position as Sr. Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer means that you will be a lead engineer on our Imagery Algorithms subteam and will be responsible for owning pipelines and microservices, and working with Core and Content teams to guide high-level engineering of the platform.
This position is based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Develop and deploy microservices/REST APIs for machine learning model inference using Kubernetes
- Develop workflows and pipelines for faster and more efficient labeling, training, deployment, and monitoring of CV algorithms
- Design a scalable architecture to support our multi-source, geospatial analytics platform
- Mentor other members on your team with code reviews, design discussions, and new technologies
- Collaborate with Core, Middleware, Content, and Apps engineering teams
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in building machine learning infrastructure including model hosting/serving/inference pipelines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including software debugging
- Proven ability to build scalable software operating on large datasets and with a high degree of task parallelism in Python or similar language
- Familiarity with evolving machine learning ecosystems and with infrastructure integration challenges
- Familiarity with the challenges of developing algorithms, preferably for CV applications
- Experience in deep learning and related toolkits (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, etc) is a major plus
- Experience with cloud computing platform like AWS
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
- 3+ years industry experience in related role
- 5+ years experience with Python or other similar language
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to interact with parties with varying levels of technical proficiency
- Ability to work hands-on in multi-functional teams
- Ambitious and willing to continuously grow your technical background
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
– Stock Options
– Competitive Salaries
– Discretionary Time Off
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– Life & disability coverage
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Apple equipment
– Thrice a week catered lunches
– Regular events in the office
– Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now