Sr. Software Engineer – Content
Orbital Insight informs companies, governments, and humanitarian organizations about natural and man-made events on our planet. We do this by monitoring, tracking, and measuring elements across the globe, and understanding how they relate to one another. By applying artificial intelligence to satellite and other geospatial data sources, we seek to discover and quantify societal and economic trends on Earth that are often indistinguishable to the human eye. As a Sr. Software Engineer in our Content team, you will be a member of a team that is responsible for building and managing our content infrastructure to support the creation, discovery, and updation of millions of areas of interest across the globe. You will also have the opportunity to build systems for ingesting geospatial data sources.
This position is based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Develop a search engine for geospatial areas of interest
- Automate ingestion and updation of areas of interest
- Develop REST APIs and deploy them on Kubernetes
- Mentor other members on your team with code reviews, design discussions, and new technologies
- Help lead the build out of a brand new integral component to our multi-source, geospatial analytics platform
- Collaborate with Core, Middleware, Algorithm, and Apps engineering teams
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
- 3+ years industry experience in related role
- 5+ years experience with Python or other similar language
- Experience with different architectures, especially Microservices is a plus
- Experience with Geospatial data (satellite imagery, cell phone telemetry, synthetic aperture radar, etc.) is a major plus
- Knowledge of SQL is a major plus
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
– Stock Options
– Competitive Salaries
– Paid Time Off
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– Life & disability coverage
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Apple equipment
– Thrice a week catered lunches
– Regular events in the office
– Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now