Technical Engagements Manager
Orbital Insight is looking for an experienced Technical Engagements Manager that can lead internal and external projects and teams to a successful conclusion. More important than anything is the ability to drive projects to the finish line. Whether its reviewing code, flying to meet with the client, architecting a new solution, or tracking down an invoice, you not only have the business and technical chops, but also, most importantly, the attitude, to get things done. You are both the first line of defense and first point of contact. You take complete ownership of an engagement and personally guarantee its success.
Based in PA and limited travel is required.
- Own an engagement end to end. From contract signing to project completion, you own everything: planning, communication, stakeholder management, scope management, scheduling, status reporting, risk management, resource management, etc.
- Lead a technical team both as project lead and an expert of the technology.
- Create and manage dashboards/reports to monitor project progress & report issues.
- Design and architect new solutions to solve real world problems for the client, for interaction between software systems, or for new techniques to better analyze our results.
- Eliminate any and every blocker (business, technical, or personal) that arises when delivering on a particular engagement via delegation, mitigation, or even jumping in!
- Masters or Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
- Experience with the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence), preferably at expert level.
- Demonstrable experiences leading a technical team and/or a technical project.
- Former experience as a Product Owner, Data Scientist, or Software Developer.
Who you are…
- A software engineer with a strong understanding of architecture, design, analysis, and implementation.
- A results oriented project manager with solid experience leading teams or managing complex projects to success.
- A detail-oriented, extremely organized individual with a positive ‘get-the-job-done’ mindset.
- An excellent communicator with strong influencing and communication skills at all levels of the organization, able to distill complex technical details to simple descriptions.
- A driver of progress, the person that chases down every loose end to ensure that each engagement is a resounding success.
Orbital Insight is a company on a mission: to help people understand what is happening on and to Earth, in order to accelerate economic, environmental, and humanitarian progress. We are a fast-growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public-sector clients around the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
We are recognized world-wide for our innovations. Forbes named us a Next Billion Dollar Startup, and Fortune Magazine named us one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World, two years in a row, in two different categories. In order to see tiny details and yet work at Earth scale, we use computer vision and machine learning. Using convolutional neural networks, we have counted over 3 billion cars across global roads and parking lots, analyzing commercial patterns as well as city growth and development. Our global energy product uses computer vision to map floating roof oil tanks and measure the global volumes of crude oil. With this product, we were able to show that China has 200 million barrels of oil storage capacity that was unknown even to the trading community. Other projects include tracking rates of deforestation, measuring poverty levels around the globe, monitoring construction rates of new roads and buildings, and predicting crop yields. And this is just a part of our mission to understand what’s happening on and to the Earth.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta. Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
A few of our perks…
● Stock Options
● Competitive salary
● Paid Time Off
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance
● Life & disability coverage
● 401(k) program
● Flexible Spending Accounts
● Apple equipment
● Twice a week catered lunches
● Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, coffee, tea, etc
● Easy commute via nearby Caltrain station, and free commuter Go Pass
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Orbital Insight does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Orbital Insight prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Orbital Insight is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Orbital Insight and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.Apply Now